Space Collectibles is an online space store offering fine quality space products which include branded merchandise from NASA and SOVIET. Shop at our store to buy NASA Gifts, Space Flown Artifacts, Space Shuttle Collectibles, International Space Station and Apollo Space Program and Soviet space programs products. We sell everything from Astronaut Autographs, Space and NASA Memorabilia and Collectibles, Meteorites !
History of Space Collectibles
Space Collectibles was founded in 2014 by a space enthusiast and collector. The business was founded in the FRANCE and very quickly grew to become the dominant space store within Europe. Space Collectibles now has an office and warehouse in PARIS, France. Space Collectibles carries the largest selection of NASA space collectibles, flown-in-space artifacts and astronaut autographed items online.
Collecting is primordial; it’s who we are.
Collecting satisfies our emotional, aesthetic and intellectual needs. Whether it is an occasional pastime or an all-consuming passion, collecting is a hobby that opens doors to new worlds. There’s also a strong appeal in owning something everyone else wants. So in one sense, collecting is a scholarly pursuit that can share information about the world we live in at the same time serving as a deeply private passion that feeds our individuality or our attempt to secure immortality.
Despite the interesting "dark side" of collecting, collecting is still mostly associated with positive emotions.There is the happiness from adding a new find to the collection, the excitement of the hunt, the social camaraderie when sharing their collection with other collectors
- We collect for knowledge, to learn about things. We start researching as much as possible. In fact, after a little while, we become quite the expert!
- We collect because it provides intellectual satisfaction. The gathering of objects in a specific area requires discipline, knowledge and an eye for the unusual or particularly beautiful.
- We collect to understand history. Not only does it make history fun and exciting but it makes it quite challenging.
- We collect to get self confidence. Becoming quite the expert and knowing so much about something can hugely boost your self-confidence
- We collect memorabilia of our life,
- We collect to recapture our childhood,
- We collect to express our appreciation of beauty.
- We collect to make a statement about who we are. we identify with our collections.
- We collect to be recognized. The “wow” factor of a friend or neighbor who visits a collector’s home and admires the cherished pieces is worth a great deal to almost anyone.
- We collect because we are driven by instinct to hoard things out of insecurity.
- We collect because we believe subconsciously in the power of artifacts to keep us safe.
- We collect out of a deep-seated need to own and possess things, an opportunity for material consumption in a consumer society.
- We collect to bring a sense of stability into the present, to exercise control over part of our lives, and to relieve the stress and turmoil of modern society.
- We collect from a sense of nostalgia for simpler times.
- We collect in the hope of striking it rich with a rare and precious find.
- We collect to display and decorate our homes, to affirm our good taste.
- We collect with the expectation of reselling our items for a profit.
- We collect because we appreciate the beauty of finely made objects.
- We collect to stay in touch with historical events. By owning antiques, we feel closer to our ancestors, important people or circumstances of long ago.
- We collect to look into the future. We hope to build a larger legacy for ourself by passing on special objects to future generations.
- We collect out of fascination and curiosity about the ephemeral and exotic world outside us.
- We collect because we love the lure of the hunt.
- We collect fot social connections. Finding others with a common interest can provide an instant icebreaker, as well as an opportunity to share a passionate interest. Great friendships often sprout from common ground.